Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thank You for TV on the Internet!

Since November is all about giving thanks, I thought I would share some of the things I am thankful for, even if they are frivolous! Because, if you aren't thankful for EVERYTHING that you have, then who are you?

So, to start off on a serious note, I am SERIOUSLY thankful for...
  • my family (I love you)
  • my friends (I love you...most of the time lol)
  • anyone and everyone that loves or simply appreciates me (thanks!)
  • my education (not everyone gets the chance)
  • my home (not everyone has a place to call home)
Now, onto the other, not so important, a bit frivolous, but still totally awesome things that I am thankful for...

  • books! (SO many books!)
  • movies! (thanks for the adventures!)
  • the internet! (for connecting me to people I never would have been able to connect with before)
  • food (even though I gained 10 lbs in the last 2 years)
  • TV! (for never leaving me with a moment with absolutely nothing to do!)
  • and under TV I must mention DVR (yes!) and TV on the Internet (heck yes!!!)

Now, onto the more shallow reason I had to write this post this week: Did anyone else realize how many TV shows you can watch on the Internet now? Who needs an actually TV anymore?!?!?

Let me explain something real quick, for the longest time, our family ONLY had 4 1/2 channels. (NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, and FOX, but only when the leaves came off the trees and it wasn't overcast.) That's probably why I love movies so much and why my family and I have an extensive collection. However, now I have satellite and am watching a bit more TV. However, even with our 300+ channels, we are still missing the oh-so-vital CW channel in which I am obsessed with more than one teen-angst-filled, fantasy-driven, delectibly-debauched drama. BUT NEVER FEAR! THE INTERNET IS HERE! I am LOVIN it!


Through satellite, and always on my DVR (TAKE THAT advertisements!), I am keeping track of:
  • Terranova (FOX)
  • The New Girl (FOX)
  • Glee (FOX)
  • Fringe (FOX)
  • Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family)
  • 2 Broke Girls (CBS)
  • Big Bang Theory (CBS)
  • Wizards of Waverly Place (Disney)
  • Jessie (Disney)
  • iCarly (Nick)
  • Victorious (Nick)

And with the aid of the Internet, I can add...
  • Hart of Dixie (CW)
  • Ringer (CW)
  • The Vampire Diaries (CW)
  • The Secret Circle (CW)
  • Nikita (CW)
  • Supernatural (CW)
  • Game of Thrones (HBO)
  • Merlin (BBC, not even showing in America yet!)
  • The Lying Games (ABC Family)
Yes, I am loving the TV on the Internet. I can watch it whenever I want, and when I have the time. Don't get me wrong, I can't keep up, but the Internet does allow me to save things until later, like when all the Fall seasons end and NOTHING is on! Also, I like having something on in the background when I am working on my jewelry, work at home, or writing. It's so hard for me to JUST watch something. This way, I have so many different options!


So, what is everything thankful for? Serious and Frivolous!
Does anyone else watch TV on the Internet?
Anyone else watch some of the shows I have been watching? If you are, we should talk! I love the discussion!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your gratitude with NOBH!
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the second season of Glee. Was staying with a friend over the summer and he likes it. I've been watching The Walking Dead. I watched Royal Pains for a while, but I don't know if it has been renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefanie...lol thanks! I knew I wanted to write this post about Tv on the Internet and what I have been watching lately, so adding in the serious part and tweaking it a bit made it fit quite well for the November theme.

    Matt...I like Glee. I didn't watch it from the get-go, but got caught up when the first season came out on dvd. Of course, if I knew I could watch it on the Internet, I might have been good to go earlier. Anyway, I like it now and have been DVRing it. I watched the first season of Walking Dead. I thought the story was pretty good, I am a little biased though because I love zombies and the whole post-apocalyptic thing. I just have yet to really connect with a character. I don't love any of them. I have never watch royal pains, but I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glee isn't bad, I got into it. Missed the season finale, though. We were streaming it from Netflix via his Xbox 360.
    I suppose I can see what you mean about Walking Dead having characters that you can't really bond with. I do also love the zombie/post-apocalypta storyline. I feel obligated to continue watching to see what happens, much like I did with Heroes.
    Royal Pains is/was a fun show. I just remembered it recently and should look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt...Gahhh! I finally finished Heroes this summer by watching it through Netflix and I was so pissed that that's how they ended it. It was awful and the whole circus thing was weird. I was not pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, exactly. And it had such potential with the way it ended. I heard rumor that they were going to finish it up properly with a movie or something, but it seems unlikely by this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt...Yeah, at this point though, I don't even care if it is finished. It was that bad at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't recognize most of the shows you posted, except for about 4, Glee, Fringe, iCarly and Wizards of Waverly Place. I don't watch the last 2 by choice, but my 6 year old likes them. DVRing is a great thing!

    New Follower from the Hop.
    Regina, The Crazy Nuts Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy Nuts Mom...A lot of the ones I posted are very new so that's probably why you don't recognize many. After some of my favorite shows were canceled or ended, like Buffy, Firefly, other various Joss Whedon profects, Veronica Mars, One Tree Hill (I think this is still on, I just stopped watching after my favorite couple left the show), but after that I didn't watch a whole ton of tv. Now, I'm all over it though so I started a bunch of new things. lol. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and following. i will be sure to come check out your blog. Probably now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!