Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Monday, November 7, 2011

"In Time" Movie Review

Well, It's looking like I won't get the chance to post more of my story for NaNoWriMo, but I didn't want to leave anyone hanging about the movie I saw tonight. It was called In Time and starred quite the slew of actors, such as Justin Timberlake, Amada Seyfried, and Cillian Murphy. Even Johnny Galecki from Big Bang Theory had a pretty decent part as Timberlake's best friend, and if you are paying close enough attention, you might even notice Ethan Peck, Gregory Peck's grandson, from the cancelled 10 Things I Hate About You a few times playing Seyfried's body guard.

Anyway, a quick summary of the movie, without giving too much away... The movie takes place in the future where everyone who reaches the age of twenty-five stops aging and begins to live by a clock that ticks down on their arm. Time becomes the currency of this world. A cup of coffee costs four minutes of you life, a hotel room cost two months a night, and a fancy sports car costs fifty-nine years. The poor live day by day or hour by hour, but the rich can live forever. Some people are born into time, others work for it, and a few steal it.

It really is a fascinating concept!!! I thought of a vaguely similar idea for a book once, at least where time was currency. I think it's a very solid basis for plot. The movie used it quite well. I think towards the end, when the main characters (Timberlake and Seyfried) try to fight the system, a little explanation of exactly what the effects of their actions were, was a lost, but hey, I enjoyed it none the less, and this new world was built so well, you can overlook parts where the movie lacked.

All together, if you love futuristic movies with a reinvented social system, you're going to enjoy this movie.

Anyone else seen the movie? What did you think?
Anyone planning on see it?

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from the blog hop and now following you. Thanks for this review. I've been curious about this movie. I will have to check out.

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back if you like.

    Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
    glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that sounds like exactly my sort of movie! Have to get it out. Thanks for the review.
    In Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie...Thanks for stopping by and definately check out the movie. I will stop by later and check out your blog.

    Miss Kate...Glad you liked the review. When I first read about it, before the trailors were even out, I knew it would be my kind of movie as well.

    Life, Twins, DramaQueen...Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower. I wish you would join in the conversations when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!