Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"The Three Musketeers" Movie Review

So, I never realized what bad reviews the new Three Musketeers movie was getting until just recently. Granted, I have been called a bit of a movie slut, because I am usually able to find something I like in each movie, not always though, but I loved this movie. The casting was fabulous, the costumes were mezmerizing, and I think it played true to the fun, corky, swashbuckling themes we are used to seeing in all the Three Musketeer movies, just with a twist. I mean, did ANYONE ever see the 1948 Three Musketeers movie starring Gene Kelly!!! OMG! Talk about corny! So why does this movie get so many thumbs down?

I won't go into much of a summary because we all know the story. What this movie has done different, besides the bigger effects and a fun play on modern language mixed and mingled with the era, they've also made a more kick butt Milady, a younger D'Artangnan, given the Duke of Buckingham a larger part, and added some DaVinci-esque inventions. All together exciting!

 I'm giving it my good review, but many are not, especially the critics. In fact, many critics are treating their reviews as more of a joke than the movie with their cocky little digs. For example, "This one is overblown, over-dressed, and grandiosely dopey, packed with gargantuan sets and ludicrous action scenes and shot in unusually dark and dingy 3-D" or "Every time you think it can't get any stupider, it gets right up in your face, calls you "bro," and gets stupider" or "This is a once-in-a-lifetime fiasco, an epic fail like none we have seen this year, a bad idea by a very bad director and a career-crippling credit for all concerned." Come on people, let's stop being funny.

Well? What did you think? Have you seen it? Thumbs up or thumbs down, and why? Do you want to see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!