Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

NaNoWriMo (Day 13 of 30) "Strangers in the Dark" (46,606 words left)

It's raining, a lot. A great day to hang with friends and watch movies. We watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean and now we are on I Am Number 4. Here and there, I have picked up my computer to write a bit. Here's what I got.
Strangers in the Dark
(Chapter Two Continued)

“I have to go find them, Nora. You have to let me go.”
“You’ll wait until dark,” Kale announced as he entered the room with a small black back pack. “Here.” He handed it to me. “There is enough food and water to last you a week if you are careful enough with it.”
“You don’t have to do this. I had a bag, back at the barricade. I can return and get it. Or, I can return to my house and try and find something.”
“I’m sure the Recruiters have confiscated everything that was left behind at the barricade. Apparently, they have a lot of mouths to feed.”
He was probably right, so I thanked him and took the bag. “I should go now, though. The longer I wait, the farther away they get from me.”
“No, you’ll wait until dark. From what little I know about the Recruiters, they like the light, to show off their numbers. They have the appearance of being without fear, but I’m sure there are plenty of weak links. After all, they are mostly made up on anxious, kidnapped children. Where is your house?”
“Just a few blocks from here, I believe.”
“Good. You should be safe there then. The Recruiters are mostly based in the center of the city. Their numbers will be the most concentrated there. Rumors are that they are building a wall, claiming their territory, keeping the outsiders out. Who knows what else they are planning there. Your best bet is to get out of the city all together, as soon as you can. Nora and I are heading north. The farther away from here the better. You’re more than welcome to join us.”
“Thank you, but I can’t”
“I understand. Nora and I will stay with you until dark at least. Best get some shut eye. It’s going to be a long night for all of us.” (319 words)
I'm sure I'll write more which I will either post later today or tomorrow. See ya!

2 comments:

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!