Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Monday, November 14, 2011

"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Movie Review

I finally got a chance to see it! I wasn't surprised when I saw that there was another Pirates of the Caribbean, especially after the way the last one ended, and the fact that there was a stinger at the end of the movie (not always a definite indication of a sequel, but a pretty good one.)

As a short summary and with few to no spoilers, this movie follows Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) as he, Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush), Black Beard (Ian McShane), Anjelica (Penelope Cruz), and the Spanish Prince discover the existence of the fountain of youth. There's more pirates, but also zombies and mermaids!!!
I enjoyed the fourth installment, perhaps even more than the third, that just got too weird for me. I LOVED the mermaids, so pretty, but so deadly. I didn't care much for the zombies, there didn't seem to be a reason for them to be zombies and not just regular men. I actually enjoyed whatever tensions was going on between Jack and Angelica, and I thought the little romance between the young man and mermaid was cute, but unfinished, frankly ignored at the end. The effects were fantastic. The music was spectacular as always, Mr. Zimmer. And the costumes and makeup were inspired. A good addition to the series.

Plus, don't forget to stay tuned after the credits because, you guessed it! There is another stinger!
I also thought I would add a link to the website Media Stinger. If you are one of those people who loves to see the stinger, but never knows what movies even have one, then this is the site for you. I bookmarked the website in my phone and every time I go to the theater to see a movie, I open the website to check whether or not I need to stay through the credits or not.

3 comments:

  1. I guess this answers my previous question. :P
    I wanted to fall in love with a mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and tell you thanks for linking up with the "Fashion & Friends" Weekend Blog Hop. Happy Monday!!

    Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
    glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt...The mermaids were all gorgeous! I didn't think there were that many beautiful people in this world to play those parts. lol

    Katie...No problem. I actually checked out a lot of the blogs that linked up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!