Occupation: Production Assistant
College: Central Michigan University
Major: English with a concentration in Creative Writing
Minor (s): History and Art
Location: Michigan, USA
Perhaps the most obvious thing about me would be that I love books and editing so I'll refrain from saying much else about that. My favorite thing to eat is butter-flavored taffy. I design and craft my own line of jewelry. Beyond my obsession with books, I also have a fondness for movies. (The proof is in my rather healthy DVD collection.) I also have grown to appreciate vintage shoes as I have been assisting in the building of A Vintage Sole. :)
Words to live by:
"Always remember to be yourself...unless you suck." (Joss Whedon)
"A long life is a tribute to the patience of your friends." (Fortune Cookie).
Interests: Reading, Writing, Drawing, Jewelry Design
Favorite Movies: Serenity, Pride and Prejudice, Zombieland, The Goonies, The Fast and the Furious, Singing in the Rain, Beauty and the Beast, and Mulan
Favorite Music: The Goo Goo Dolls, Shinedown, Adam Lambert, Jack's Mannequin, and Plumb
Favorite Books: Poison Study, Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Hunger Games, Hood, Twilight, The Host, and Uglies
Favorite Food: Buttered Popcorn Flavored Taffy or Jelly Beans, Cheesecake, Thai Green Curry, Grape Leaves, and Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Green Pepper Pizza
10 Things You May Not Have Known About Me:
1. I used to play softball for my little town when I was 12 or so. My team won the county wide championship in our 3rd year.
2. I tried out for almost every single play in my school. (Everything from dramas, musicals, and improv shows.) I was in 11 productions. I starred in 3 of them and had the lead in 2.
3. When my family and I moved to a more rural location when I was 7, I started raising bunnies! At one point, I had 13 bunnies. Now, I just have 1 and his name is Orin Phil Jefferson Gazebo, the first. Or, as I call him, Ori. (I came up with the first name and my best friends filled in the rest.)
4. I have been published several times in local magazines (both poetry and art), but two of my poems were published "for real" in 2009. Currently, I am waiting to hear on another project that may publish a third piece of poetry.
6. I LOVE the Disney Channel! When my family and I got satellite all I asked for was the Disney Channel. My favorite shows on that channel are Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny with a Chance. My second favorite channel is The CW (which is also owned by, you guessed it, Disney. Disney is taking over the world!)
7. I prefer to write post-apocalyptic, dystopian fiction, and period pieces.
8. I can't cook...at all. Really, one of the only ways I can make a meal is if I am left alone to make a gigantic mess. Then, I might be able to come up with something.
9. I used to collect a lot of different things when I was younger. I used to collect rocks, stamps, shells, snow globes, cards, marbles, dolls, etc. Now, I still collect things like beads, some rocks, movies, and books.
10. I have only been blogging for a few months.
Blog: Who's Your Editor?
WEbook: Member Profile
Facebook: Aubrie Parth