Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Friday, November 18, 2011

NaNoWriMo (Day 17 of 30) Another Bust (??? words left)

Yesterday was a LONG day. I worked, met with an old friend, Kimberli, from one of my creative writing classes, helped my aunt transfer all her old music over to her new laptop (Best Buy wanted to charge her $100-200!!! RIDICULOUS!), then I met my cousin, Michael, and we had dinner and went to go see the new movie Immortals. By the end of the day, I was so drained, I wasn't doing anything else.

An encouraging note to all writers out there, though. My friend Kimberli just returned from a writer's conference in Wisconsin and received some excellent feedback. She ended up getting a meeting with a counselor she really liked--apparently the woman is brutally honest--and she said to Kimberli that her writing was brilliant, and even though her manuscript is not completed, she needs to publish NOW!!! So excited for her. She's currently working on polishing her first few chapters and writing her query letter!

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on her. I've read a lot of her story so far and I can't wait for her inevitable success!

4 comments:

  1. It is always nice to get good reviews on your work!

    Here from FTLOB, have a great friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall you be posting a review of Immortals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We almost went to see Immortals yesterday, butt couldn't be bothered in the end so went for lunch instead ;D Love to know what you thought. I hear terrible things about Twilight all the time but I'll be damned if it stops me seeing for myself. Im just curious to see how they put the last book into film. Sucks having it split in two though - Its HP all over again :/ X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ajax...Agreed and thanks for stopping by. I will do the same for you tomorrow!

    Matt...Yes. I might have it finished tomorrow.

    Shah...I'll definitely have a review of Immortals for you soon. It's good to stand by your convictions. lol. I'll certainly be seeing Breaking Dawn as well. I want to see it through. Especially after reading all the books. But I think it may be better from now on to see the movie first and read the book after.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!