Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNoWriMo (Day 5 of 30) "Strangers in the Dark" (48,842 words left)

I'm going to post this now, just in case I don't get the chance to do it later. Today is my friend Sarah's birthday and my friend Morgan is having her first bridal fitting and I am her Maid of Honor so it is going to be another busy day. Honestly, I am getting tired of using the word "busy!" There has got to be another one I can use. Any ideas? Nevertheless, NaNoWriMo continues...

 
Strangers in the Dark (Continued)

Tomorrow came soon enough and we were almost packed. Everything was waiting by the door as we tried to get one more full night’s sleep before walking away from everything, this city, neighborhood, the only home I have ever known. It was hard choosing what to bring, and fitting our entire house into one SUV was out of the question as Dad so blatantly pointed out to Jensen. Even though he was nearly a teenager, he still came up with some pretty childish notions. Then again, he might have just been trying to be funny for the rest of our sakes.
That night, we all slept in the basement just to get away from the noises of the barricades outside so that we could all try and get one more night of decent rest. Not that we all weren’t on edge for the entire night. We were all prepared to leave at first light, but none of us were prepared for the shattering crash that echoed through our house in the dim.
I jolted up from a fuzzy sleep, my heart threatening to break out from my chest.
“What was that?” Jensen asked before he was nearly strangled by our dad’s hand covering his mouth. His other hand rose to his lips, silently telling us all to be quiet as footsteps rang throughout the length of our house.
(228 words)

See you either later tonight with more or tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. flatout, crazy, mad, engaged, engrossed, industrious, full day.
    I have posted my list of read books at Australian Picture Books (scroll right down) I think 15 so far but will add numbers tomorrow. Night Night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley...Yeah, that was a pretty crazy day. Thanks for getting your list up. I will add you to the competitor's list on the bookmark break challenge page located here... http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/bookmark-break-challenge_18.html

    JJ...Thanks and I will!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!