Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2" Movie Review

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the final movie in the Harry Potter series and boy did it end with a bang. I really don't think I could have been more pleased with the series as whole. Each movie got better and better, the actors grew beautifully through the series, the effects, costumes, make up, writing, etc, were all stunning. I'm a happy camper.
To say a bit about the movie without ruining for any of those poor souls that have been unfortunate enough not to have read the book OR seen the movie. Harry is down to his final mission, stop the dark and evil Lord Voldemort before he destroys both muggle world and the wonderful world of wizards. The final show down takes place at Hogwarts, Harry, Hermione, and Ron's wizardry school. Everyone fights, some die, some fall in love (Finally!), some give rousing speeches that make you cry more than any other part in the whole movie (Thank you so much Neville Longbottom!)

All in all, I thought the movie was spectacular. In this case, I do recommend that every one read the books first. They are fantastic, but if you must only see the movies, I guess that in fine too. Just know that you are missing out on a bit.

(Damnit Neville Longbottom!!!)

What did you think of the Harry Potter movies?
Did you read the books?
Were you satisfied with the final movie?

8 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the finales, forget about the movies once I've seen them, not a fan of the universe. I've never been big on magic and "high fantasy."
    Incidentally, Tom Riddle appears in the latest installment of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and is seen at a concert in the 60s groping the main female antagonist, Mina Murray (Mina Harker of Dracula).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read the Harry Potter series. I would think I might like the movie better than the book - and I can't imagine I even said that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the books and the movies. And I freely admit that I bawled like a baby during the last HP movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt...I did not know that.

    JJ...I know. It's a strange feeling. I am thinking of starting a new discussion about when it is better to read the book first or see the movie first.

    Natalie...Oh yeah! We are on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too - I saw it twice and cried over the Snape scene both times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin...That's another one that I ceid a lot at too. I think I was better the second time though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.!
    ភ្នាល់កីឡាប្រដាល់

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were there any aspects of the final movie that the reviewer felt could have been improved upon or were lacking? Telkom University

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!