Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

NaNoWriMo (Day 12 of 30) "Strangers in the Dark" (45,645 words left)

Another beautiful day off. Everything in my back yard froze over last night and the frost was twinkling in the moonlight. Then, when I woke up, it was sunny, the frost was gone, and I could tell it was going to be a beautiful day. So far, so good. I got a bit of writing done, but now I must get ready to go see The Thunder Down Under! For those of you who may not know what that is, it is basically the Australian Chip N Dales. My friend Morgan, that is getting married next year, bought them all for her mom for Christmas and as a little pre-very-early-bachelorette party. I've never been to anything like this, but I do hear that the most entertaining part is the crazy women you get to see freaking out over the dancers. Should be a blast!!!

Strangers in the Dark
(Chapter Two continued)
Both their eyes darted to the corner where my voice appeared. “But you do have to let me go.”
Nora walked over to me, and cautiously laid her hind on mine. “Of course. You are not our prisoner, and I am so sorry that we mistook you for a Recruiter, but will you please allow us to make sure you are not hurt. We also need to find you some rations.” Nora looked back over at Kale who nodded his head and left the room. “Come on then. Let’s go to the living room. This room is getting cold and there is more light in the main room. The sun is coming up.” She said the last bit with a smile. The sun was really the only hope any of us had that the world was not ending quite yet, that there was still some light left.
The water was cold, but Nora made sure to wash my hands, face, and hair.
“You don’t have to do this, you know. I understand that you didn’t mean to intentionally hurt me. That day, yesterday, was terrible,” I choked. “None of us deserved to be in the middle of it.”
“Yes, it was terrible, but that does not mean we are all on our own now, that we must step over others just to save ourselves. Humanity, empathy, love, they don’t simply go away.”
“Sounds like something my mom would…would have said.” I looked out the window, in the direction of the barricade. “She was a good woman, too good. She didn’t understand this new world, how it could be this bad, almost cruel. All she was ever concerned about was taking care of me and my little brother.” I had tried a brave face, but was unable to keep it up. I cried, not only because I missed Mom, but because I had no idea how I was going to be able to find Jensen and Dad. (326 words)

As always, more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!