Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Storyteller Challenge #1: The Maypole Picture

Shah, over at Wordsinsync, has begun another fascinating and fun exercise. Every weekend she is going to be posting a prompt for all you writers out there and then on Wednesday, she will post a linky for you to share your work and read others work throughout the week. It is open to all kinds of writing, including shorts, poetry, memoir, or fiction, et cetera. It just has to be inspired by the prompt that week.

This week, the prompt is a picture, seen to the left here. The only other requirement this week is that your entry must be 500 words or less! 

To learn more about this fantastic blog and prompt, please click here!

Now, here is my entry!

Summer Colors in a Winter Hue

Beautiful heads, full of curls,
bouncing with the little girls.

Little girls dressed in white,
Weaving ribbons for tonight.

Tonight the village gathers around the pole,
Sitting among the pretty daisies in the knoll.

Pretty daisies, like a blanket of snow,
prepare to watch the evening's show.

A show to celebrate a year
When little girls must gather here.

They bring the sun and flowers too.
They bring midnight's pinkish hue.

Summer colors come to stay,
As winter hues sleep in May.

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's so lovely, Aubrie. Almost Irish rhyme - I can see a Grandpa saying this to his Grand daughter by a log fire centuries ago. At least, that's where it took my imagination. Cozy and nostalgic. Which is exactly the atmosphere of the picture. I love the last word/first word musicality too. Yummy! Thanks for entering. Did you do the pearl necklace one yet. Mines pretty dark :D (This weeks prompt link: http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/10/trick-or-treat-q-with-author-jake.html)

    PS: Are you doing the NaNo this year? Ever done it? MY first this year. Should have started this Storyteller Dec really. I'd work much better if I plugged myself in occasionally ;~D X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shah... Thank you. No, I have never done NaNo before, but I really want to. Don't know if I am prepared to do it this time around or not. i know it starts today. Yikes! I look into it further though. The blog could be a good way to display it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just signed up for NaNo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's going to be crazy, but I am excited. I have decided to restart Unclaimed Darkness under a new title, with no reference to my old manuscript. I wrote about 6 chapters in my old manuscript and then just got STUCK for about a year now. It's time to break that! lol. I'm also going to write this version in chronological order. YIKES! Looking forward to it though! Are you going to post your work as you go? I'm thinking about using either my blog or WEbook. I'm leaning more towards my blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG BOTH OF YOU ARE DOING NANO! I CAN NEVER DO NANO BUT I WANT TO! :( Good luck for that Aubrie! :) I'm sure you'll do good! :)

    And I love the poem. Brings such a pleasant feel to me. It gives me a feeling of security, as if I'm listening to it from someone. Really nice! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn...Yep, both of us! Thanks for the luck. I will use it.

    Thanks about my poem too. It was fun to write and I like the storyteller vibe as well. Looking forward to doing this week's storyteller as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there... I know it's rather late, but I just remembered that I hadn't visited your place to check out your Maypole contribution.

    Your poem is heart-warming! It has a visual appeal... I can see the curls, the daisises, the villagers gathered round this delightful scene!
    Thanks for popping in at my place and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MISH...Thanks for stopping by! That's okay that it's late. I love diving into people's old posts to see what they wrote about before. Thanks for the compliments on my poem. It was so much fun to write and do something rather uplifting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!