Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

What's on my Bookshelf?! (A-F)

Bookshelves are one of the first things that attracts me when I walk into someone's house. I'm always curious what books people are interested in or just what books they are proud enough to display. I have a special bookshelf just for the books I have read and decided to keep, but I have an entire bookcase for all the books I have yet to read! (Trust me, it's a BIG bookcase!!!)

This year I have accumuplated more books than ever. Mostly because I haven't had the time to read as much as I would have liked, but also because two bookstores in my area have gone out of business, I've discovered new outlets for finding bargain books, and since books are one of my main interest, most of my spending money goes towards buying books. :)

So, now, with all these books, I'm having the hardest time deciding which ones to read next! I figured that some of you must recognize a few of the titles and have probably read some yourself and have your own opinions of them. Please, look through the list and let me know some things about them. But remember, I HAVEN'T READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS, so please don't give spoilers! I just want to know if you ahve any of them on your bookshelves, if you enjoyed reading it, if you hated it (let me know why you hated it), if you want to read it, et cetera. Kind of like a mini review/recommendation.  

I look forward to hearing what you have to say! Also, feel free to share with me what is on your bookshelves? Let me know in the comments or make your own blog post with your own list and leave me the link!

A-F
Author                        Title

Austin & Graham-Smith- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Barrie- Peter Pan
Barry & Pearson- Peter and the Starcatchers
Beddor- The Looking Glass Wars
Blakey-Cartwright & Johnson- Red Riding Hood
Bradshaw- The Hawk of May
Bray- Going Bovine
Brennan- The Shadow Project
Bronte, C.- Jane Eyre
Bronte, E.- Wuthering Heights
Brooks- Black Rabbit Summer
Burnett- A Little Princess
Burnett- The Secret Garden
C.L. Smith- Tantalize
Carrol- Alice and Wonderland
Carrol- Through the Looking Glass
Cashore- Fire
Cast & Cast- Betrayed
Cast & Cast- MarkedChandler- Den of Thieves
Chima- The Warrior Heir
Clare- City of Ashes
Clare- City of Glass
Coe- Robin Hood
Cohn & Lavithan- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares
Cooney- Prisoner of Time
Corrigan- Accomplice
Cover- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Night of the Living Rerun
Dashner- The Scorch Trials
Diepen- The Vampire Stalker
Donnelly- Revolution
Eagland- Wildthorn
Eliot- The Mill on the Floss
Elliot- Ambergate
Fisher- Incarceron
Fisher- Saphique

Coming soon! G-R!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - I've read a few and want the rest. Egs - Id like to read the two by Fisher and Revolution. :) X

    Love to know what you think of my Survivor Archive and the poll at top of page re writing meme. Just 1 question. http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/10/survivor-archives-project-my-archive.html

    Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shah...Me too! Those books are some of the more recent that I bought when our Borders store went out of business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing collection of to-reads! With an amazing lack of funds and storage space, my book collection is pretty small right now. I did get to stock up on somethings at the Borders sales, though-mostly preschool activity books and travel books.

    Great to see you back blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle...Thank you! Yeah, those Borders sales were at least great for picking up some stuff that you didn't want to spend the money on before. I got some very interesting psychology books that I never would have bought before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with NOBH!
    Stefanie (a fellow book lover:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stefanie...No problem. I love sharing about books the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!