Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Buying Books Without the Guilt!

Today my mom and I were out shopping for Christmas presents (and for ourselves!). It was a blast. We even went out of towna nd everything so that made it all the more exciting! PLUS, there was this great bargain book shop that I never knew about and they had an entire wall of $1.00 books! So, of course, I scanned through almost them all. Lots of older stuff, and tons that I had never heard of, but that made it more interesting.

I ended up with two books for a whopping $2.12!!!

Here's what I got...

"Countdown" by Michelle Maddox
and
"The Warrior" by Kinley MacGregor

I know nothing about them, but it looks like they will be fun and quick reads.

Anyone else heard of them? What did you think?

Anyone else find some good deals?

7 comments:

  1. The guy on the cover of The Warrior looks familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt...He looks like an actor or something. I can't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aubrie - forgive my absence - still in UK visiting. Just popping in. I love getting a bargain and when its books - well - bonus! The Warrior guy reminds me of a couple of actors but I don't think he's any of them. Isn't is great though how a face can lure you into the book? Thats happened to me a few times - well many times actually - the cover of a book is so important. Perhaps too important really. Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shah...Yeah, I just had an interesting discussion about how important covers were. I think for a lot of people, that is the first thing they look at. I know it's the first thing that gets me to pick up a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Judging a book by its cover" often has a negative connotation, but it is certainly an important facet in being drawn to a text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aubrie...Yep! It's the first thing I look at, then I read the title, then the back, and maybe a bit of the text. Then, after I read the book, I look at the author and decide if I would ever read anything from them ever again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI!: I don't know why I put my name at the beginning there. The above message was for Matt or in general.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!