Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bookmark Break Final Month Update!!!

This little message goes out to all the lovely people who have yet to join the Bookmark Break Challenge! THERE IS STILL TIME!!! Very little time, but time nonetheless! All you need is a list of all the books you have finished this year. (NOTE: You didn't have to start it this year, just finish it.) Then, you need to put that list somewhere on your blog where it can be updated with any other books you finish before midnight on December 31st! IF, by the end of the year, you have read more books than me, there are prizes to be had!!! For full details, visit the Bookmark Break Challenge 2011 page on the left hand sidebar. (It's the button with the two children reading under a tree.) Or, click here for a direct link.

NOW, for those of you who are participating and have been participating since January 1st, KNOW THIS!!! You only have until Midnight on December 31st to update your list. Meaning, THE CHALLENGE ENDS AT MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 31ST!!!!! I will be by to gather the final information on JANUARY 1ST!!!!

(Due to the time difference between all you grand people and myself.)

SO, I CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH!!! Have your lists updated so you can WIN!

P.S. Sorry, I do not have an updated list right now (considering I am writing this all up while I am at work), but I hope to have one up this weekend.

P.S.S. I might be holding back on my list just a bit. So, if you are thinking that you are sitting pretty cushy with being 3 books ahead of me, I'm not saying anything! You may be okay, and you may not. ERGO, read, Read, REad, REAd, READ!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Aubrie, thank you for visiting and following and for your sweet comments. I read the page you sent me and am getting ready to add your button. You did a great job on that post, it was very well written and everything you said is absolutely right!

    I try to be a good follower, I know I could do better. I really do enjoy the blogs that I read every day. I try to visit at least 5 blogs a day sometimes 10 or more and I try to spend at least 5-10 minutes on each. For new blogs, I spend more time, so I can look around their blog so I can get to know them better.

    The thing that people don't realize is, your followers could be doing a lot more for you than you realize. A while back I donated $5 to someones cause, it involved children and those are causes that I am drawn to. I didn't tell her I donated, it was done anonymously.

    I didn't expect her to thank me for the donation or to do anything back really. That's not why I do stuff like that. However, she never followed back and I have never heard a word from her. She could have taken the time to return the follow and say hello. That's what you need to think about, the person you decide to snub, may have done something nice for you that you aren't aware of. Just keep that in mind.

    One thing I will never do, is snub a reader or follower, regardless! That would be like if you saw your favorite movie star in a coffee shop and asked them for an autograph and they yelled at you and told you to F* Off! You pay good money to go see their crappy movies, why can't they take 5 minutes to sign an autograph and talk to you for at least a few minutes.

    If you are asking for donations on your blog, you should always follow back, regardless! You never know whose donating. If you don't follow back it makes people think you are a fraud and it makes me iffy about donating to other causes. Like I said on my post, I don't expect everyone to follow me back, that's the name of the game. There's just a thing called common courtesy.

    Anyway, sorry for the babble. LoL. Rude people just make me mad, lol.

    Thanks,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midnight on December 1st has already passed. Did you mean to say "update by December 31st"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! I better start flying through those last few books! :)

    Seriously though, I have had the BEST time with the Bookmark Break Challenge. Even if I don't win (which seems highly unlikely at this point--it's just hard working a full-time job, renovating a house AND reading hundreds of books!), I loved the experience of tracking my books this year. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ERGO! :D Not updated my Amazon for ages - I changed to Goodreads a while ago. Not 100% up to date there either, because if you read indie, they don't have them on their library. And I've read lots of beta copies. I therefore cannot be accurate with my reading lists. :(

    I'm still in UK but - Just to let you know you were awarded a blog award today by me ;D = hope you can stop by to accept it. http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-all-about-awards.html XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skylar...All sounds good to me. I am happy you enjoyed the post.

    Matt...Thanks for catching that.

    Natalie...I am beyond thrilled that you enjoyed this. I figured it would be a nice no pressure kind of thing!

    Shah...No problems. I'll check in with you after the New Year so I can make sure I'm not missing anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!