Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Birthdays, Burritos, Calories, Bridesmaids, and Tea!!!


YESTERDAY WAS MY 24th BIRTHDAY!!! Last year, I wrote up a whole thing on my birthday, but this year the birthday was much more relaxed. Plus, I had to work so that threw a bit of a damper on the day. Nonetheless, a lot happened and it was an all around good day.

Also, I had a burrito from Qdoba for lunch! YUM! However, I have been watching my calorie count for the last month, and intend to continue to do so so that I will look good in my bridesmaid dress that I have the wear in August. I am alloted at a very reasonable 2,005 calories per day, and I keep track of my calories using the "Lose it!" App. VERY COOL! So, I really, REALLY wanted a burrito, but I knew it would be a lot of calories. With everything on it, the burrito stands right around 1,500 calores (not including queso cheese, which is delicious. :( So, I improvised and got pinto beans instead of black (-100 calories), no cheese (-220), no guacamole (-100), and tore off about 1/3 of the tortilla (-80). It turned my burrito into a 1,000 calorie burrito and it still tasted fabulous. I had the lime cilantro rice, pinto beads, shredded beef, pico de gallo salsa, lettuce, and sour cream!

Nevertheless, I still went over my calorie count because the parents got pizza and made cheese cake for my birthday, but heck, it was my birthday :).

The bridesmaids dresses arrived yesterday as well and I got to try mine on in the correct size for the first time. The other girls were having a few troubles with their dresses, all the straps were too long, and the busts did not fit, but mine fit perfectly! YEAH!

Finally, the whole day was topped off with a good cup of tea. I've recently become obsessed with tea. I love Twining's Black Tea, particularly the Blackcurrent Breeze flavor. It has caffeine though. Recently, I discovered Mighty Leaf. I got the Herbal Infusion Variety Pack. The little packages are beautiful, like little silk pouches and all the ingredients are real leaves, citrus, flowers, etc. A really nice combo of things. I'm drinking at least 2 cups a day not and I don't even crave pop like I used too!!!

So, that was yesterday! Hoe was everyone elses' yesterdays?

8 comments:

  1. First of all, happy birthday (even though it is a bit belated)! 24 was a pretty crazy (but good) year for me--I hope you have lots of fun and tons of opportunities to achieve the things you want to do.

    Secondly, I LOVE the purple script theme. So pretty!

    And finally, a burrito has 1000 calories in it?!?!?! And that's WITHOUT the cheese. Yowza. Good luck with your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice b-day. Don't worry too much about calories. You have a great figure already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Birthday! That dress looks beautiful and I bet it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie...Thank you for both the birthday wishes and for the compliment on the new layout. It really has grown on me and I am going to try and fix the side buttons today.

    I don't know if all burittos are that bad. This is a giant burrito. You don't need anything else with it and most of the time, I don't even finish it, but I ate the whole thing the other day.

    Matt...Thank you, just trying to be conscious.

    Sarah...Thank you. The dress is really nice. It's a very light teal color and very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, and I like the new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
    Fishing Shooting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!