I found myself thinking about this frequently in the last few days. For every blog entry I write, I usually give it a title and sometimes I would have to stop for just a moment and ask myself "Should this word be capitalized?" Finally, enough was enough! I had to look it up and this is what I came across.
The rules to correctly capitalizing a title:
These are the words that should be capitalized...
(1) The first and last words of the title
(2) All nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives
(3) Any conjunction or preposition of five letters or more
These are the words that should not be capitalized...
(1) Articles (the, a, an), unless the article is the first or (less likely, of course) last word of the title
(2) Prepositions of four letters or fewer (unless the preposition is the first or last word of the title)
(3) Conjunctions of four letters or fewer (unless the conjunction is the first or last word of the title)
(4) The particle "to" used with an infinitive (unless the "to" is the first or last word of the title)
So, there we go! Now, none of use will ever incorrectly capitalize a title again.
Information orininally found at this link: http://grammartips.homestead.com/caps.html