Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Work AND Work Out!

Yeah, I actually looked this up! But, did you know that sitting too much can decrease your life span! More so in women than men. I didn't find too many ideas online except for stuff like running in place for 30 seconds at a time or doing jumping jacks.

One thing that seemed interesting was peddles you can stick under your desk so it's like you are riding a bike while working. Has anyone tried this?

Also, lifting your feet at all times while sitting in your chair. It's harder than you think!

Can anyone suggest anything else?

I obviously don't want to be running around the place like a maniac or doing lunges in the hallway. I mean, we can all be a bit crazy, but in general it's pretty quiet around here.

There is one guy in the basement that has a really tall desk that he placed his treadmill in front off. Awesome, but a bit extreme for my situation.

There was this whole study done online about filling your whole day with extra movement. I can't remember what it is called, but it had some ridiculous name. But it made sense. Something as simple as swinging your legs while sitting, tapping your feet while waiting, pacing when you have room, etc just burns more calories.

Well, any ideas for me?

4 comments:

  1. There's always the trick "use an exercise ball as your chair at a desk". It helps strengthen your core and improve posture. It may look a bit funny (and colorful) but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of our graphic designsers actually have that! I just thought they were being funny, but that makes perfect sense!!!

      Delete
  2. I've heard that eating lunch at your desk and exercising during your lunch hour helps. Also, simple things that you've probably already found like getting up to talk to a co-worker a few feet away instead of picking up the phone and dialing their extension also helps. But seeing as how all I've had are part-time jobs where I'm not sitting for 8 hours straight, I haven't tested these out yet.

    Another thing: my dad stops at the gym on his way home from work. However, he goes in early (like at 5:30 a.m.) and comes home at, like, 2:30 p.m. And his company has a gym so he's able to use his employee ID. Still, if you've joined a gym or you can, it's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating my lunch at my desk and then working out during lunch could work out, but I'd hate to be sweaty! I always have to be in professional attire, except for Fridays, and I don't want to ruin anything. My drycleaning bill could possible kill my budget! lol.

      If I got on steadier hours, I would certianly consider joining a gym or looking at apartments with gyms!

      Delete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!