I just know my poor bookmarks are suffocating! There are too many books on my shelf that have been left unread, a veritable prison, trapping my bookmarks! Don't they deserve a Holiday too?
And everyone can do the same! Just pull out all those books you have started or that are gathering dust on your shelf, brush them off, crack them open, and start reading. Keep a list of the books you complete on your blog! Every single book you FINISH in 2012 (January 1st-December 31st) will count!
Challenge Rules! (Please read on. It's not that bad!)
- LEAVE A COMMENT that says you are entering the challenge so I know who is interested. (See? Easy!)
- BEGIN A LIST on a new page of your blog or your blog sidebar entitled "Bookmark Break Book List 2012" and start cataloguing all the books you FINISH in 2012.
- OPTIONAL: Please, help me try and promote this challenge. Either post about it on your own blog, keep updates on your blog, grab my lovely button, tweet and retweet about it, add it to facebook, or simply tell people about it. I would really appreciate it. Of course, this is not required of the competition.
- ANY book you finish in 2012 is eligible, meaning that you didn't have to have started the book in 2012. You may have a book that has one page left to read and if you finish reading that one page in 2012 it counts!
- Books that you are rereading or reading for class count!
- Poetry Books, Graphic Novels, Plays, Collections of Short Stories, Nonfiction Books, etc. also count!
- Magazines and Comic Books DO NOT count!
- The Book/Collection/ect MUST be 100 PAGES OR MORE to be eligible!
- Post all books read in 2012 on your list so that I may keep track of your progress throughout the year! (NOTE: If you do not wish to post your list somewhere on your blog and prefer to keep track in a journal or on another website, please let me know so that we can work out the kinks.)
- Complete your list by January 1st, 2013 at 12:00 am! I don't care if the world comes to an end! What is on your list at Midnight is your final count!