Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Finding the Time to...

The last few weeks, especially since starting my new job, has been all about finding the time to do...ANYTHING!!! The list begins here...
  • Hang out with friends
  • Exercise
  • Make jewelry
  • Paint
  • Draw
  • Watch tv
  • Read
  • Do something new
  • Get back into something I love
  • Etc.
Most of my friends are back home now, but many of them don't have a steady job yet so they have all this free time and I can barely hang out on the weekends, let alone when I get out of work at 5 or 6 o-clock.

Exercise has been a big goose egg. I was taking a Zumba class there for a few weeks, but had to stop because I can't get out of work early enough to make it. Plus, that's the last thing I think about doing when I make it home just before 7.

My jewelry has been shoved aside and I haven't added anything new to Etsy.

I've had this hankering to draw and paint lately, but won't get everything out at night because I know it will just be left out because I don't think I'll have a lot of time to finish a whole project. I like to start and finish the same day so I often need a few hours and working into the wee hours of the morning is a no-go when I have to be up so early for my 30 minute commute!

I love to watch tv and read! I get a bit in before bed, but not a lot. My DVR is filling UP!

Sometimes, I think about trying something new. Who knows what? Going back to school, taking a dance lesson, but when is that going to fit into my schedule?

Get back to something I love. Here I am referring to horseback riding. I used to take lessons as a teenager and it was really the most fun I have ever had! I'm trying to get back into it now!

Etc. And the list goes on and on! I can't even make it to the bank to cash my check! Or go and get my eyes checked so I can get more contacts! Now, I know why some people wish there were 48 hours in a day!

How to possibly juggle it all or free up some of my time!??! There is just so much more I want to do!
Anyone else feel the same way?
How do you handle it?

10 comments:

  1. I feel like this all the time, but I don't have most of my day taken up by a full time job so its different for me.

    When I did, I found I had to schedule everything way ahead. I had to stand back and see the bigger picture. I still do this mostly now - especially with wordsinsync (and the other two)!

    Try to make a time table - as if you were revising for several exams. You never think you could ever fit in all the required revision, but using a timetable somehow you find time you imagine is not available. Am I right?

    And perhaps it might help to accept that you can't do everything a lll at once: Work all day AND exercise every night wouldn't be feasible or healthy I suspect. Add onto that painting a picture or going horse riding AND trying 'something new' and your head might explode :).

    Perhaps instead, once a month you put aside a Sunday to paint something, or make jewellery: Your artistic time. And once a month you take a riding lesson or whatever. You may want to commit more time to something than this, and as you settle into your job more you will find things take less time to do, or one thing takes your fancy so much you are willing to sacrifice something else?

    Exercise doesn't HAVE to happen in a gym, you could get off the bus a stop early on your way to or from work a few times a week. Add not taking the lift, and maybe a twenty min jog in your lunch break and you're doing the required amount per day. Any more that that is gravy.

    You sound a little overwhelmed and blue. I'm sending cypher hugs :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shah! Loving the cyberhugs! It is overwhelming, but I can see how breaking it down would really ease my mind and I do need to learn that I can't do EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!!! Even if I want to. That has always been my blessing and my curse. It helps me get a lot done, but at the same time, frustrates me.

      It's nice to have the reminder to just chill out! I am very close to getting my first riding lesson. I wanted to get one in this week, but it was hard to get a hold of the place that I want to start going to. I definitely will be able to start next week and I would love to go once a week, but once every two might be better for now.

      Also, I am getting ready to start apartment hunting in March, and once that is all figured out I will live much closer to work so I will spend much less time on the road :) Plus, I'll be living with one of my best friends so I think I'll feel like I'm getting more friend time in, even though we both work a lot.

      See? The sun is shining a bit.

      Thanks for the advice. I'll work on it.

      Delete
  2. This is a nice problem to have. I literally have nothing BUT free time. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I guess I didn't like that much either. I just want to find that stable middle ground.

      Delete
  3. AA: Welcome to life. I never feel that way. To explain why would take a while, but keep blogging and you will figure me out before long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. I wish I never felt that way, but I do realize that the less I worry about it, the more it begins to work itself out. I just like being prepared, but there are so many things that you obviously cannot prepare yourself for. Just got to live in the moment and enjoy it presently.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for all your efforts in this It is very interesting Blog ...
    I believe there are many people who feel like I read this article!
    I hope you continue to have articles like this to share with everyone!
    ភ្នាល់ប្រដាល់ថៃអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!