Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekend Wonder: Kyria

General Questions…

Name: Kyria Wilson

Blog Penname: Travel Spot

A sentence or two about yourself: I love to travel, to take photos and to read. I try to be active and to have fun. I have opinions and problems just like everyone else. Of course I write about all of it.

Link to blog: www.travelspot06.blogspot.com

A sentence or two on what your blog is about: My blog started as a way for me to remember the things I had done and to keep my family and friends informed of my whereabouts. It morphed into something that is mostly travel and a little bit of everything else.

Book Lover Questions…

What is your favorite book and why? A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It’s a girl who loves to read and has to struggle through life in New York. What could be better?

Other favorites? Time Travelers Wife, Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Gumbo Tales

What’s your favorite genre to read? Mystery, Historical Fiction, General Fiction

Where do you like to read? I usually read in bed, but the beach would be my preference!

Do you prefer paper books or ebooks? I still love a good paper book.

Do you prefer to buy or borrow books? I tend to buy them from Goodwill or borrow them from the library. Sometimes I will splurge at Barnes and Nobel if I really, really want a specific book.

Do you stop reading when you are tired or when you hit chapter breaks? When I am tired.

When you finish a book do you usually keep it, throw it away, sell it, or give it away? Keep it. I am a tiny bit of a book hoarder.

What helps you decide on a book? (Book reviews, suggested by friend, by browsing the shelves, etc.) Suggestions, reviews and funny enough, sometimes I just let one catch my eye (marketing is a big influence).

Do you prefer to read a book that stands on its own or is a part of a series? Either way.

So You Want to be a Writer questions…

A few sentences about your writing: What do you write (blog entries, novels, poetry, etc)? Why do you write? I write whatever pops into my head. I usually write it as a word document. Sometimes it makes it on the blog; sometimes it just remains for my memories. So I guess basically what I write is “journal entries”. They are my memories. I write to keep them. I have also written some poetry but this is not my MO.

Did you always know that you wanted to write? Oh yes. I wrote a poem about my cat when I was maybe 6 or 7. I entered it in a contest and got 1st place. I was so proud. I have always written stories, journals, poems and songs. I love to write.

Favorite Questions…

What’s your favorite food? Any ethnic food. Really. Mexican, Indian, Lebanese…the list goes on forever. I love trying new and exciting foods.

Favorite color? It was always blue, but since I started doing photography I have discovered red.

Favorite song? That’s a hard one. Each and every song has a memory attached to it. I love them all.

Favorite movie? Eternal Sunshine, Crash, Spaceballs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Fight Club…I can’t choose one. Sorry.

Favorite TV show? I don’t really watch TV.

Random Questions…

If you developed a superpower what would it be and why? I would like to be able to have gills so I could swim really deep under the water.

What did you want to be when you were little? A veterinarian.

What is the answer to life? Be happy in your own skin.

5 comments:

  1. Hey AubrieAnne! Thanks for featuring me! How exciting!

    I can't wait to see what the status of the Bookmark Break Challenge is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The views all over the places are so amazing, I really like watching all over the world so much that is why I find travel agents that was having a amazing experience in way of life that will not invest some time on my vacation with my family associates members affiliates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article.
    មាន់ជល់តាមអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!