Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Bookmark Break Challenge (2 Month Update!)

Can you believe that it has already been 2 months since the beginning of this year's Bookmark Break Challenge??? I can't seem to wrap my head around it! Just watch 2012 fly by! Also, watch those books fly off the shelf! In only two months the 23 competitor's have read a total of 214 books! That's an average of 3.57 books PER DAY!!! BRAVO!!!

Who’s Your Editor?


Let's check out the competitor's list and see where everyone is at right now!

Competitor's List:
That's a pretty good looking list! We've got people all over the board. Ruthie, Susan, and Poekitten are dominating this challenge (Just like last year! I would expect nothing less!) Eden, Corina, Sierra, Julie, Natalie, and Kyria are all in a good place ahead of me. Shah, SimplyMe, and Kea are giving me a good run for my money. We all have a nice steady pace so far at about 1 book per week :) (Which is ultimately my goal!) Lynette, Cheney, Tegan, Shan, Ib, Lesley, Mrs. Facehead, and The Creative Muslimah are well on their way! Keep up the good work. Finally, Patrick, Glenda, and CarrieAnn are all still in this! Hopefully, you've been reading a bit and when your lists go up I get to see it!

So, how's it going for everyone? Are you meeting your goals?

It's been going great for me. I always feel like the challenge makes me read more and try new things. I am meeting my goal so far! 1 book per week or more. So, I hope to have 52+ books on my list by the end of the year.

What's been your favorite read so far?

Mine so far has been "One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich. It is not something I would usually pick up, but I'm glad I did.

Well, that's all for now. I'll see you next month with another update. In the meantime, keep reading, keep updating you lists, and REMEMBER!!! ANYONE CAN STILL JOIN THE COMPETITION IF THEY WANT TO! Just CLICK HERE for more information on how to get statred!

17 comments:

  1. Wow - looks like you and I are head and head again Aubrie. :) I will never beat those at the top. Who can read 27 books in two months? Maybe if thats all I did all day? Nope, not even then. My husband would totally throw away my Kindle :)

    I just have sit cozily along with your good self to earn my badge :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! My bad. I hadn't added two titles I read most recently. Forever Girl (reviewed too) and The Girls Guide To Dating Zombies (reviewed) - sorry, never got round to it. They are on Pinterest, but and everywhere else, but I didn't pop them up on my challenges page. Sorry Aubrie. No matter. I also need to top up th movie list. I've so finished the fifty in year, already :)

      Delete
    2. Lol. Bummer. I guess I'll just have to catch up to you then. I'm half way through "Incarceron" and almost done with "True Belonging." So, hopefully, I will be there soon. I just have to get back to reading before bed instead of watching tv. :).

      Oh Boy! 50 movies in one year! I'm sure I've beat that. I bet I even do almost 50 movies at the THEATERS in a year! I'm a huge movie buff!!!

      Delete
    3. 57 movies and 12 books (forgot Generation too) plus, I'm half way though the 13th. I updated all my lists with their links yesterday after realising just how behind I was. I update as I go with Pinterest because its so quick, but faffing about with lists and links I reserve for free moments :)

      Delete
  2. A quick question... Are you all reading on Kindle? I am reading the good old fashioned way. Paper books. :D
    Trying to find online books too, but finding mostly Classics, which I do love to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just read my first book on Kindle EVER! I got my Kindle as a late graduation present about 2 months ago. I am a paperback kind of girl, but I do get all the classics for free on my kindle so I read "The Secret Garden" on it! Very cute and I didn't mind reding on the kindle as much as I thought I would.

      Nevertheless, I know I will continue to buy real books and just use my kindle for travel or something.

      I know Shah is a HUGE fan of the Kindle though!

      Delete
    2. Hell yeah - I read mainly for free since I got mine too! Fabulous :)

      Delete
    3. I know! I love that option with my Kindle!

      Delete
    4. I agree with you AubrieAnne, I prefer paperbacks to electronic reading devices. Never tried kindle, but tried reading on iPad and the screen tires my eyes and the glow from it doesnt help.

      Getting free books sounds like a great way to read more:D.

      I am out of books at the moment, so going to be re reading some. I love to read but am limited time wise.
      I remember a time when i didn't put a book down till I finished it.

      Delete
    5. The iPad would be difficulty because it has the backlight. Like reading off of a computer! That sucks and my eyes get so tired so fast!

      Delete
  3. I always read "real" books, although I prefer hardcovers to paperbacks. Am I just a book snob? *Sigh*

    My favorite read so far has been BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP by S.J. Watson. It's a psychological thriller about a woman with amnesia. The plot kind of creeps along, but it's an excellent story. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Hardcovers for the books I know I am going to keep. I got all the Harry Potter's in hardcover. I wish I have the Poison Study books in hardcover. The only think I hate are the reallu oversized harcovers. They're hard to hold. The size of the Harry Potter books, maybe even a little smaller are perfect.

      Your favorite read so far sounds interesting. I don't think I have read many psychological thrillers that I know of. I think I could get more freaked out reading something than watching it. :(

      Delete
  4. This challenge is getting me to read more often. This week has been a little slow for me. I read both Kindle and paper books. If I find a book on my list at a thrift store, I usually buy it.

    I read One for the Money and have books 2-4 on my shelf too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear!!! I think it motivates me to read more too or at least read before I go to bed instead of watching tv. Last night I did a bit of both. :)

      I have 2 on my shelf and I keep waiting for the local used book store to get 3-6 or something like that. I know they have got to be rolling in soon. lol.

      Delete
  5. Hey it looks like Susan has some competition this year! Last time she kind of left a lot of us in the dust! Good job everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!