Updates! Updates! Updates!

UPDATES!

As many of you can see, I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately! What can I say...Life.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Dialogue...Between Me and my Roommate.

The Scene: My roommate and I are sitting quietly in front of the television eating fruitsnacks.

The Dialogue:

Roommate:
I need you to give me a book.
Me:
(skeptical)
For what? To read?
Roommate:
(gives me semi-dirty look)
Yeah.
Me:
Are you reading for fun?
Roommate:
No.
Me:
I only have books you read for fun.
Roommate:
Well, I get bored at work and I can't watch movies. I tried and it was too bright outside to see the screen.
Me:
Gotcha. Well, I have lots of books.

End Scene.


Ah, I just love the circumstances that empower people to pick up a book? Anyone else have a similar experience?

6 comments:

  1. Sadly, that's been me over the last several years. If I can't be in front of my computer and/or the TV, I read. It is, unfortunately, the world we live in. I applaud you for defying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks. I know, I fight it at night. I'm like, "I can watch tv or read...hmmmm!" A lot of the time, I force myself to read and end up really enjoying it. The only downside is I usually end up staying up later if I read. :)

      Delete
  2. I used to buy books just to read at the gas station in the morning. 6am to 3:30. Several early hours of nothing. Most of those books were similar to Stupid History and just recounted funny anecdotes about people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I used to read at the bar all the time, especially when its later in the year and DEAD!

      Delete
  3. I have the Internet vs Book battle with myself every night...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do too. Last night the internet won. :( But I read soooo much this weekend during the day so I felt I deserved it. lol.

      Delete

Thank you for adding to the conversations! This blog is a part of the "Follow Me If You Dare Revolution!" Join the Revolution here...http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/p/do-you-dare_18.html...to promote the best kind of following!