Woo Hoo! That's a healthy looking list with a full cast ranging from CRAZY readers, to sensible readers! I, personally, am well on my way to completing my goal of 1 book per week. I think I'm actually head by a few. I knocked down 3 of my 4 rereads this month which makes me very happy! AND I completeed my monthly goal of breaking into the twenties as far as how many books I have read thus far! Shah, I told you I'd catch up with you!
I think it is time for a bit of an Impromtu Q & A!!!
Answer these questions for me...
1. What book was the biggest pain this month?
2. What book do you recommend?
3. Tell me a quick story about how you found one of the books you read this month or how it found you. (Not technically a question, but feel free to leave an answer in the comments or write your own blog post on it!)
4. If you didn't read a lot this month or haven't had any of these experiences then just tell me what you read and what you thought of it!
Here are my answers!
1. The biggest pain was Anna Karenina, but I buckled down and finished it off in a couple of days (I admit, there was some skimming in the middle.) Sadly, I didn't get much out of my second read. Just, still don't like the book.
2. Out of all the books I did finish this month I would highly suggest Sisters Red, especially if you like a good modern fantasy. Some characters were a bit flat, but I loved one of the main characters, Scarlett! Her character made it all worth it!
3. I found Outlaws of Sherwood because of a book review that Ruthie over at Live, Love, Laugh, Write! wrote quite a while ago. I am a sucker for a good Robin Hood book so I couldn't turn it down. It took me a very long time to find it, though. It wasn't in any of the mainstream bookstores that I could find. Suddenly, when I had given up looking and thought of just buying it online, there it was, in the basement of one of my favorite bookstores in town, just waiting for me, and reasonably priced! I had to start reading it the second I got it home!
4. N/A. I had lots to talk about this month!
Looking forward to hearing from you guys! and HAPPY READING in the month of JUNE!